Four Oaks Primary School, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, B74 4PA
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Required September 2019
Four Oaks Primary School is an inclusive, supportive, happy school with a strong reputation in the local area. We are consistently oversubscribed with long waiting lists in all year groups. Relationships with families are extremely positive; with parents and carers eager to support the school and their children’s learning in equal measure.
We have a highly motivated and experienced staff team who have been fundamental in achieving and maintaining Ofsted Outstanding judgement since July 2011. This is no mean feat, and will clearly be a major task for the incoming Head Teacher.
In addition, we wish the school and its pupils to continue to make progress in learning with improving standards and high expectations a must. We firmly believe that the whole school community should be involved in the process of learning. All of us who come to the site to learn, to work or to help have their part to play in the adventure that learning should be.
In short, we are looking for a Head Teacher who:
- will be an inspirational leader, who will work with all staff, and value their contributions to the life of the school, to achieve the best outcomes for children;
- will value our children and take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be passionate learners and realise their full potential;
- will strive for excellent attendance, attainment and progress for all our pupils;
- has the skills and vision to maintain and further develop Four Oaks Primary School as an outstanding school;
- will actively promote the school’s strengths and ethos and build upon its role as a school for the whole community, including being an active participant in the Learning Trust for Excellence;
- will maintain and further develop the climate for exemplary pupil behaviour;
- will be committed to providing a safe, supportive school environment and have a passionate commitment to personal, social and cultural education.
We can offer:
- a happy, safe learning environment in which every child is nurtured to develop a love of learning;
- a supportive ethos built upon mutual respect, including support from other local head teachers in the Learning Trust for Excellence;
- a highly-motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Governing Board;
- very supportive parents and carers;
- a thriving school which supports the whole child through a rich range of extra-curricular activities;
- a commitment to supporting our children’s personal and emotional development.
You will notice that the applications are made directly to Birmingham Local Authority in the first instance. As indicated in the information there are direct links to the schools website.
Should you wish to visit the school prior to completing an application there are 2 days when this is possible: Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 January 2019 at 1.30pm. Please telephone the school on 0121 675 2685 to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: Friday 25 January 2019, 9am
Interview and Selection process: Week commencing Monday 11 March 2019.
For further details and application form please email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting ref ES2059TB.
Alternatively, you can download the application pack here.
Completed applications should be returned to
Performance, Engagement & Commissioning Services, PO Box 16461, Birmingham,
B2 2DB or via email to CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.