Hours per week: 36.50, term time only
BISHOP VESEY'S GRAMMAR SCHOOL, Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Telephone Number: 0121 250 5400, Email Address: email@example.com
Due to an internal promotion we have an exciting key vacancy for an Administrative Assistant in our dynamic and progressive academy. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Senior Office Manager to provide full support for a range of office functions. Our school is one of the top state schools in England and was judged ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED in 2014.
Duties will include:
• Providing a full range of administrative support including attendance and use of SIMS (school information management system)
• Dealing with enquiries via telephone, email, the website and in person
• Receiving and dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
• Recording data on excel and producing reports
• Organising and ordering of stationery
• Support in administering first aid to students
• Assisting in providing a reprographics service
Do you have:
• Relevant and significant administrative experience?
• Experience of using Microsoft word and excel?
• Good interpersonal and team working skills?
• Experience of using database applications?
• Able to complete work to the required standards of accuracy and presentation?
• Able to work in a pressurised environment with the ability to organise and prioritise work?
• Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing Date: 18/01/2019, 12 noon
Application forms and further details are available from our website at: www.bvgs.co.uk
Interview Date: Week commencing 21st January 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.