Head of Service - Looked After, Care Leavers and Disabled Children’s Service
Salary £61,732 – £70,556 per annum
Closing date: 21st January 2019
Leadership Assessment to take place Week Commencing 28th January 2019
Panel Interview and Young Persons Interview to take place Week Commencing 4th February 2019
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and inspirational individual to join us as a Head of Service and lead our Looked After Children, Care Leavers and Disabled Children’s Teams through our transformational journey. This is an exciting role where you can use your knowledge and experience to really make a change within this service area.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we serve the purpose of improving the lives of children and young people by:
- Listening, Learning and Caring
- Being ambitious and confident
- Encouraging Innovation
- Acting with openness and transparency
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
Our ambition is that the Trust, building on recent improvements will drive a sustainable model of delivery and improvement designed to bring good and outstanding services to the Borough - innovating where possible and using the freedoms of the Trust approach to develop a new and sharper focus to address the challenges we face.
Responsibilities and areas covered
- To be a member of the Children’s Management Team and support the Director of Operations, Chief Executive and Trust Board to ensure that there is a relentless focus on outcomes, strong core services and partnership working, so that the Trust can start afresh, improve outcomes and make a difference for children in Sandwell.
- Direct the strategic and overall management of the Looked After, Care Leavers and Disabled Children’s Service
- To support the Trust in providing a quality, cost effective Looked After, Care Leavers and Disabled Children’s service
- To provide strong professional and managerial leadership across the service area, including setting clear objectives and measures, managing performance and resources, and assessing impact/risk.
- To work in partnership with the Heads of Service to ensure there is a whole system approach to safeguarding children
What you need to be successful in this role
You will be a strategic and inspirational leader who is able to demonstrate a track record of successful delivery and can perform well and bring out the best in people whilst in a challenging environment.
A Qualified Children’s Social Worker with significant management experience.
You will be commercially minded and able to make the most cost effective decisions for the service.
You will have excellent knowledge of national and local policy contexts that affect services for children and families, including legislation.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with the HCPC.
For more information on the role please contact the Recruiter – Samantha Finch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 0121 569 6016Supporting documents