Head of Service - Children’s Resources Service
Salary £61,732 – £70,556 per annum
Closing date: 21st January 2019
Leadership Assessment to take place Week Commencing 28th January 2019
Panel Interview and Young Persons Interview to take place Week Commencing 4th February 2019
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and inspirational individual to join us as a Head of Service and lead our Fostering and Adoption Teams through our transformational journey. This is an exciting role where you can use your knowledge and experience to really make a change within this service area.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we serve the purpose of improving the lives of children and young people by:
- Listening, Learning and Caring
- Being ambitious and confident
- Encouraging Innovation
- Acting with openness and transparency
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
Our ambition is that the Trust, building on recent improvements will drive a sustainable model of delivery and improvement designed to bring good and outstanding services to the Borough - innovating where possible and using the freedoms of the Trust approach to develop a new and sharper focus to address the challenges we face.
Responsibilities and areas covered
- Direct the strategic and overall management of the Children’s Resources Service, monitoring performance against plans to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services to the highest standards.
- To ensure that the service provides improved outcomes for families, particularly in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- To support the Trust in providing a quality, cost effective Children’s Resources Service
- To provide strong professional and managerial leadership across the service area.
- Ensure the Fostering VAA delivers a good quality fostering service in line with published fostering standards and OFSTED standards.
- Ensure the Adoption VAA delivers a good quality adoption service in line with published adoption standards and OFSTED standards
What you need to be successful in this role
- You will be a strategic and inspirational leader who is able to demonstrate a track record of successful delivery and can perform well and bring out the best in people whilst in a challenging environment.
- A Qualified Children’s Social Worker with significant management experience.
- Experience of managing and understanding financial issues related to local authorities
- The ability to manage and motivate the Departmental Management Team including the effective monitoring of performance.
- Proven ability in relating to, engaging, negotiating with and influencing a wide range of audiences, and build positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- You will have excellent knowledge of national and local policy contexts that affect services for children and families, including legislation.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with the HCPC.
For more information on the role please contact the Recruiter – Samantha Finch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 0121 569 6016Supporting documents