Deputy Headteacher (Moorgate Primary Academy)
Required for Summer Term 2019 start
Are you determined, driven and committed to ensuring that all children achieve highly?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, successful and dynamic teacher and leader to further develop these skills as Deputy Headteacher of our thriving Academy.
We are proud to offer:
• pupils who love to learn
• a caring and dedicated team of staff , governors and a supportive Academy Trust
• high expectations for all, with drive and vision for continuing school improvement
• a committed Parent Teacher Association (FOMS)
• a commitment to everyone’s continuing professional development
Within our supportive, professional and forward-thinking learning environment we are looking for a person to provide inspirational leadership across the school with significant opportunities to influence and shape future whole school improvement of teaching and learning. Our Deputy Headteacher will lead, manage and champion inclusion in our school and will use their skills to further improve others’ teaching.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Experience of contributing to school improvement through performance management, staff development and as a member of the leadership team.
• A proven record of successfully leading and managing change in pursuit of strategic objectives.
• Experience of using assessment data to track and analyse pupil progress and set targets for improvement.
• A proven track record of raising attainment.
• An up to date knowledge of the primary curriculum from Foundation Stage through to the end of KS2.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues in order to secure school improvement.
• Experience of initiating /implementing strategies to work in partnership with parents and the community.
Our Deputy Headteacher will be partially class based to enable the successful candidate to be an outstanding role model within the classroom whilst also being given the time to dedicate to driving school improvement.
Please take the opportunity to visit the school by making an appointment with the school office.
Closing Date: Friday 1st February 2019 at 9.00am
Shortlisting Date: Friday 1st February 2019, candidates will be notified by telephone that evening if they have been selected for shortlisting
Teaching observations: We would like to observe candidates teaching in their own schools on Tuesday 5th February or Wednesday 6th February 2019.
Interview Date: Monday 11th February 2019. The process will involve a selection of tasks and a formal interview.
A completed application form with a letter of application can be sent by e-mail to the address below.
Moorgate Primary Academy
TEL: 01827 215240
Headteacher: Mr Jonathan Williams
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Please return completed applications directly to the school.