Pre-School Early Years Practioner
Summary of Position:
Hampton Magna Pre-School endeavours to provide high quality care and education for children aged 2 to 5 years. As an Early Years Practitioner you will be responsible for providing well planned and stimulating learning activities whereby the children and parents feel relaxed in a safe and caring situation. You will be required to maintain the high standards that we aim to achieve.
- Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in a relevant Childcare NVQ,
- Enough knowledge of the EYFS to be able to complete the necessary child development records using both manual and computerised systems,
- Grade C in English and Mathematics GCSE,
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- A commitment to continual professional development, undertaking additional training for personal progression and within the needs of the Pre-School
As set out in its Core Values Statement, the Pre-school is committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to deliver its vision and mission. In order to do this it is a requirement that the postholder shares this commitment and:
- Ensures the well being of children is paramount at all times,
- Follows the prescribed policies and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding,
- Is committed to GDPR and confidentiality,
- Updates and develops their and the knowledge of early years assistants and trainees’ knowledge of the EYFS,
- Promotes equality and diversity all times.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake the role of a key worker for a group of children, ensuring that their learning journeys are completed regularly and children’s progress is monitored,
- Actively contribute towards the learning journeys for all children within the Pre-School, writing progress summaries and completing on entry summaries,
- Accept responsibility for settling in new children and families, sharing all information with colleagues and developing close relationships with key children,
- Attendance at learning journey meetings to share children’s development and achievements with parents,
- Work as part of a team contributing to setting up activities, packing away, team meetings, planning activities that meet the requirements of the EYFS,
- Develop appropriate, open ended relationships with work colleagues, ensuring that positive working environments are maintained.
- Liaise effectively with other professionals as required.
- Carrying out day-to-day administration and record keeping as required.
- Read and adhere to all company policies and procedures, operational plan and employee handbook
- Administer First Aid as appropriate; on the condition that a full and relevant paediatric First Aid Certificate is in place.
- Ensure that all accidents are managed appropriately and recorded on relevant documentation.
- Upholding a safe environment for the children; having good knowledge of all risk assessments and COSHH regulations.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the children in emergency situations and tests,
- Uphold quality customer service in relation to the children, parents and potential customers.
- Encourage parental involvement and initiate close liaisons with parents.
- Ensure personal feedback is given to parents in relation to their child’s time with us.
- Ensure that the wellbeing of the children is paramount at all times to include the provision of dietary and nutritional requirements, individual routines and needs are met and parent wishes are followed through.
- Responsibility for the safety, cleanliness, health and hygiene of all toys, rooms, and equipment, including food, kitchen and dining facilities
- Providing safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparation of activities and organising the planning to meet children’s individual needs.
- Any other responsibilities deemed appropriate to successfully uphold your role.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will also be required to carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required of you in accordance with the needs of the Pre-school. You are also required to be flexible and adaptable with respect to your role, being aware that some administration tasks will require completion outside of the operational hours of the Pre-School.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Sunday 27th January 2019. Interview slots are 7pm or 8pm on the evenings of Monday 4th February to Friday 8th February 2019. If you have a preference, please state this in your application.