Administration Officer (Tracking Team)
37.0 Hours per Week
If you have an inquisitive nature, are a confident communicator and posses excellent administrative skills then we would like you to join our Post 16 Tracking Team.
Providing a statutory service, the Post 16 Tracking Team supports the work of Solihull Council’s Employment and Skills team which has responsibility for tracking young people’s participation in education, training and employment and for signposting them to relevant support if needed.
In this role you will be involved in a range of activities, including contacting young people and their parents/ carers via telephone, text, email and occasional home visits.
You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate client information on a bespoke data base and support the production of reports and management information.
Offering you a range of flexible working options, you will contribute to the ‘out of hours’ tracking work involving regular early evening and occasional Saturdays.
To be successful in the role you will have:-
- A relevant Level 3 or equivalent (eg: A-Levels, National Diploma) in Business Administration or be able to demonstrate significant experience in a similar role.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with young people, their parents, stakeholders and service practitioners
- Experience of using a range of IT systems including Excel, Word and Outlook (or equivalent).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to record information accurately and have excellent attention to detail.
In return we offer you a friendly and supportive working environment where you will have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the lives of young people, their parents and carers.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 31 January 2019.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please call Katie Oldham on 0121 709 7015 for an informal discussion or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept CVs. Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Supporting documents