37 Hours per week - Permanent
Are you looking for a structured career path to nurture your potential into that of a Project Engineer? The Intelligent Transport Systems team at Staffordshire County Council is looking to recruit a dynamic individual to assist with delivering the range of highways technical services undertaken by the team.
The applicant can have either an:
- ONC or HNC in electrical electronic engineering or similar engineering discipline;
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline;
- 2 GCE A level passes in relevant subjects.
The role of the Technical Assistant is to assist with the management, operation, design and development of the range of functions undertaken by the service area.
The successful applicant will be required to embark upon a structured training programme to develop the individual into the more senior role of Project Engineer and will provide the opportunity for promotion and remuneration. The service area sits within the Counties Highways department and operates in partnership with Amey LG to deliver the majority of highway operations. This allows both local government and private company experience to be gained to enhance career development.
- ONC / HNC or BTEC Level 3 or 2 x GCE A Levels in an appropriate discipline;
- Experience of working or studying within a technical / engineering environment;
- Sound background knowledge in technology and/or engineering principles;
Applicants must have:
- Computing experience and be competent with software packages such as Microsoft Office;
- Technical drawing skills and the ability to use CAD based applications. AutoCAD experience would be a distinct advantage;
- Work effectively within a team or independently as the need arises;
- Communicate effectively using different methods of communication.
For the full list of requirements for this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Staffordshire County Council
Staffordshire Place No.1
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs)
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 10th February
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For more information about the role please contact:
Highway Technical Services Manager
Tel: 01785 27 6558
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV's or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.