Teacher of English (Burton Pupil Referral Unit)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH: Main Scale to UPS with SEN allowance (MPS)
full time, Permanent post
TO START 29/4/2019 at Burton Pupil Referral Unit (BPRU)
Due to the current post holder being internally promoted, the Management Committee is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English & Literacy who has a clear vision for raising the quality of teaching and the social and academic learning of all our students and their family unit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience and drive who can help us focus even more clearly upon improving the lives and prospects of each of our students and to further develop our truly student-centred curriculum – where good English and Literacy is at the core of our student’s life skills and further education.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
- co-coordinating English and Literacy and rapidly raise our student's literacy levels;
- developing our curriculum in order to improve suitable outcomes for all our students, especially at GCSE level;
- being responsible for the English and Literacy curriculum design; to offer all students the opportunity to learn at KS 3&4;
- leading others by example of outstanding quality of learning and teaching;
- lead by example in effectively using data across the school to challenge expectations and to raise standards of achievement in reading, writing, speaking and listening etc;
- support the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and their Management Committee in continuing to move the school forward in all educational aspects of English and Literacy in today's educational climate and contribute to all other aspects of development of BPRU to become an outstanding Pupil Referral Unit.
Other responsibilities will be discussed with the successful candidate on appointment. These would include:
- A library;
- English extra curricular clubs/workshops/trips
- Pastoral welfare of all students;
- Cross curricular themed projects;
- Other things that the successful candidate can bring to this post!
Burton PRU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Enhanced DBS is required for the appointment to this post with 2 outstanding references.
Please complete the application form and highlight the areas requested in your letter of application. Sorry CV's will not be read. PLEASE PHONE SCHOOL (01283 247986) FOR DETAILS OR EMAIL email@example.com for a pack.
ADVERTISEMENT DATES: w/b 14th JAN 2019
CLOSING DATE: Monday 4th FEB 2019 12 noon
SELECTION PANEL MEETING: Monday 4th FEB from 4pm
INTERVIEW DAY: w/b 11th FEB 2019– it is going to be a one day interview process including: a tour of the school; chat with the Executive Headteacher & Head of School; lesson observation; English based tasks; student interviews; presentation to all staff and a final formal interview with the interview panel.