Building Control Surveyor
Malvern Hills District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Country's most attractive areas, offering excellent conditions of service and a high quality of life.
Building Control Surveyor
Unqualified - £29,055 - £32,233
Qualified - £32,233 - £36,153
(depending on qualifications and experience)
South Worcester Building Control Partnership brings together the Building Control services of Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council into one Partnership, sharing resources of expertise to provide a modern, flexible and customer focused Building Control Service.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Building Control Surveyor to join a professional team with the reputation for delivering a high quality service across South Worcestershire.
You will be capable of dealing with the full range of Building Control duties including plan vetting, site inspections and dangerous structures, as well as providing professional advice to architects/agents etc, on all aspects of Building Control.
If you are self-motivated, customer focused and committed to provision of high quality Building Control and would like to unlock your full potential, you can not do better than come to South Worcestershire Building Control Partnership.
In addition to your salary, we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual car user allowance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Provision of regular training
- Driving licence and use of a car for business or fully mobile with access to transport.
- Ability to undertake site visits which may involve activities such as climbing ladders/operating in confined spaces.
- Totally committed to customer care.
- Full range of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge of building legislation and other linked legislation.
- Building Control experience which includes plan checking, site inspections, dangerous structures and demolition.
- Experience/knowledge of Building Control systems and procedures.
- Team worker with ability to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well organised and ability to handle a variety of tasks at any time.
- Ability to positively respond to change and seek new and improved ways of working.
Location: Although the main base is Great Malvern, the successful applicant may be expected to operate on a mobile basis and from an office in Pershore depending on the operational needs of the shared service. Further information will be given at the interview.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Dave Burr or Neil Miles on 01684 862223.
Closing Date: 27th January 2019
Interview Date: 6th February 2019Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification