Teaching Assistant - St John Vianney Catholic Primary School
The governors are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to join our successful friendly team. To start as soon as possible
St John Vianney is a happy, learning community where each individual pupil and member of staff is valued for the contribution they can make to the life of our thriving school. Staff work hard to provide the very best for our pupils and in return they receive the support and training to enable them to be the best they can be.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant who :
• Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
• Can form positive and caring relationships with children which motivates them to learn, grow and be confident
• Enjoys planning and leading play- based activities
• Is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos and wider community of the school
• Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
• Has a passion for the outside classroom and knowledge of Forest school activities
• Possess knowledge of phonics, reading, writing and numeracy Is a competent user of ICT or has a willingness to learn
• Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families
• Is fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
Temporary until 31 August 2019
35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. If you would like to arrange a school visit please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 024 7646 4088.
Application forms and further details are available to download below.
Applications must be made using the correct CES application form. Details are also available on the school website www.sjv.coventry.sch.uk
Closing date : 9:00am 25th January 2019
Interview date: Week beginning 28th January 2019
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification.pdf
Recruitment Monitoring Form.doc
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974-Disclosure_Form.doc
Notes to applicants.pdf