EYFS Main Scale Teacher - St John Vianney Catholic Primary School
St John Vianney Catholic Primary School is a stimulating and creative school with positive parental and community involvement. We provide an enriched curriculum and nurturing, caring learning environment, with Christ at the Centre, to help ensure all our children achieve their best.
We are excited to be able to advertise for an excellent and inspirational EYFS Class Teacher to work from September 2019. Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
St John Vianney is a very popular and thriving school. It is a wonderful place to teach in and an inspirational place to be a pupil. We have an incredibly committed, but fun staff who take great pride in their school and make a strong impact on outcomes for our pupils. The teachers are a professional and hardworking team who are extremely well supported by our invaluable Teaching Assistants.
We have excellently behaved children who are keen to learn, whilst following our one School Rule to ‘Love One Another As I Have Loved You’. We give a high priority to continued professional development to ensure all our teachers are providing quality first learning experiences.
The ideal candidate will be able to plan, prepare and deliver engaging and effective lessons that focus pupils on class work and engage them in school. You will need to have an excellent understanding of the Early Year curriculum and will be able to adapt this to varying ability levels in the class. The school works in quite a formal way and the teacher will be required to know how to teach early mathematics and English .
The school is looking for a Reception Teacher who can understand how young pupils develop, be able to plan provision to meet the needs of a range of learners, and work hard so every pupil reaches the best of their ability.
Applicants will have high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour, providing them with exciting and stimulating activities, both in and out of the classroom, thus ensuring that they make excellent progress.
We are looking forward to welcoming new teachers to join our team in our journey to become an ‘outstanding’ school.
Support and professional development is second to none. Not only do our Newly Qualified Teachers experience an induction programme which is supported by the Diocese as well as the Local Authority, but all of our staff at every level benefit from high quality professional development opportunities.
Our school gets involved in everything. We enter all manner of competitions from poetry writing, to singing in national choirs, to local sports events, we sometimes even win them! Our dedicated staff contributes to the vast range of extra –curricular activities we offer children, who attend in large numbers.
The successful candidate will:
- Is committed to contributing to developing the Catholic Life of our school
- be a highly motivated and creative person with energy to enrich a highly creative curriculum
- be fully familiar with the curriculum and assessment;
- have excellent classroom management and organisational skills;
- set the highest standards for themselves and others
- have excellent subject and curriculum knowledge which they use to engage children
- work successfully and positively in partnership with parents and our community
- be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and their colleagues
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who ensures that all children whatever their ability make great progress
You will benefit from:
- Pupils whose ‘outstanding behaviour’ contributes strongly to our school ethos
-enthusiastic, welcoming and friendly children;
- Innovative colleagues who are great ‘team players’ and are always welcoming and supportive
-an experienced, hard-working, fun and supportive team of staff, governors and parents
- Parents who encourage their children to do their best and support us at every opportunity
- Highly regarded professional development opportunities for teachers at all stages in their career
-a friendly, happy, stimulating workplace
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. If you would like to arrange a school visit please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 024 7646 4088.
Further details are available on www.sjv.coventry.sch.uk
Application forms and further particulars are available to download below.
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 9 am 25th January 2019
Interview date: Week beginning 28th January 2019
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Supporting documents
Notes to applicants.pdf
Person Specification EYFS Class Teacher.pdf
Recruitment Monitoring Form.pdf
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974-Disclosure_Form.pdf
Teacher Application Form.doc