Social Worker - Care Management
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families?
Have you completed your ASYE programme within a similar setting?
If so, we are now recruiting for Social Workers and are looking for individuals just like you!
We are on the lookout for talented and passionate Social Workers to join our Care Management Teams where you will be able to use your skills and experience to help make a real difference to the children of Sandwell.
We believe that the growth and development of our staff is essential if we are to deliver outstanding outcomes for the most vulnerable children. You will receive good quality supervision and support, continuous professional development, attractive employee benefits and an opportunity for a career pathway in Sandwell, we want you to make a real difference in children’s lives
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary £29,055 - £33,136 depending on experience plus market supplement of £2,500*
- Up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to terms & conditions)
- 30 Days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Sandwell Children’s Trust will make a commitment to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
- You will have access to a range of wellbeing offers and initiatives and every staff member will be provided with brand new ICT equipment and state of the art systems.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
As a valued Social Worker, you’ll assess the vulnerability of Sandwell’s children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life.
You’ll ensure the best outcome possible for our children, young people and their families, through safeguarding and promoting their welfare.
You will provide written reports in a variety of different formats including assessments and updating court records.
Most importantly you will empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views and ensuring their voice is heard.
The ideal Social Worker:
- You must be social work qualified and have completed your ASYE programme in a children's and families setting.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to make informed decisions with information you have gathered.
- A skilled listener, you will demonstrate how you have understood and ensured a child's voice is heard.
- You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
- A current Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with the HCPC.
About Sandwell Children’s Trust:
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, our purpose is clear – “improving the lives of children and young people” is at the heart of everything we do. Praised by Ofsted 2 months since the Trust launched for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Social Worker, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!Supporting documents