Senior Social Worker - Care Management
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families?
Do you have previous experience as a Social Worker and have worked within a similar setting?
If so, we are now recruiting for Senior Social Workers in our Care Management Service Area and are looking for individuals just like you!
We are on the lookout for talented Senior Social Workers to join our service where you will be able to use your wealth of post qualifying experience to make a real difference to the children of Sandwell.
We believe that the growth and development of our staff is essential if we are to deliver outstanding outcomes for the most vulnerable children. You will receive good quality support, continuous professional development, attractive employee benefits and an opportunity for a career pathway in Sandwell, we want you to make a real difference in children’s lives.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary £34,106 - £39,002 depending on experience plus a market supplement of £2,500*
- Up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to terms & conditions)
- We offer flexible working opportunities, we believe that a good work-life balance is key to productivity and ensuring our staff are happy, so we ensure there is the opportunity for working patterns to suit you.
- Sandwell Children’s Trust will make a commitment to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
Senior Social Worker Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for a complex caseload of children and young people, conducting a range of assessments whilst listening to the views of the people you’re supporting.
- Whilst using best practice and ensuring all legislative requirements are met, you will deliver quality children’s plans in a proactive and timely manner, with a strong emphasis on the child’s voice.
- Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
- Provide written reports, in a variety of different formats as required by the receiver of the court.
The ideal Senior Social Worker
- You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
- Experience of Court Work
- A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Good knowledge of child development
- A clear decision maker and good team worker.
- A current Enhanced DBS and registration with the HCPC.
About Sandwell Children’s Trust:
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, our purpose is clear – “improving the lives of children and young people” is at the heart of everything we do. Praised by Ofsted 2 months since the Trust launched for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Senior Social Worker, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
* This supplement will be an additional £2,500 per year paid monthly through normal salary arrangements, to permanent social workers/senior social workers and Team Managers working in Care Management. This market supplement does not apply to ASYEs until they move out of their first year.Supporting documents