TA Grade 2 + SEN Allowance / TA1 Lunchtime Supervisor
TA2 = 12.5 hours per week / TA1 (Lunchtime Supervisor) = 1 hour pw
Salary: TA2+SNA - £5474 - £5760 per annum
TA1 - £378 - £402 per annum
Ashton Under Hill First School
We are committed to providing high quality learning for all children and are looking to recruit a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to support an individual pupil in Year 3. This post is suitable for experienced Teaching Assistants, someone who has worked with individual children.
Pay Scale point will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications are desirable.
There will be further support and training available for the right applicant.
The post also includes the role of a Mid-day Meal Supervisor.
This is a temporary post until July 2019 when it will be reviewed depending upon the needs of the pupil.
Qualities we are looking for in our Teaching Assistant:
• An interest in, and love of, working with children with specific educational needs
• Support individual children on a one-to-one basis or in a small group to develop their social skills, e.g. sharing, taking turns, language skills, motor skills
• The ability to contribute towards reviews and target setting as well as working as part of a team
• Imaginative in delivering and supporting stimulating learning opportunities for children
• Have a positive approach and be flexible to the demands of the job
• Demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative as well as being energetic
• Be patient, able to stay calm, listen, and value children’s views
• Good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Has experience of some behaviour management techniques, positive handling and understands the needs of children with attachment difficulties and Autism
All interested applicants should note that Ashton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and obtain medical clearance.
Closing date: Midday Friday 25th January
We look forward to hearing from you.