Teaching Assistant Level 2
7 days left
Westgate Primary School is a single form entry primary school situated in the heart of Warwick. We are a happy, forward thinking school, passionate about ensuring all children have access to the highest quality education in a safe and stimulating environment.
27.5 Hours per Week
Fixed term contract - initially 1 year (negotiable)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking Level 2 Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic school team. The position is for 27.5 hours per week and is term time only with 5 teacher training days per academic year. In the first instance the post will be to offer 1:1 support to a child with complex and SEMH needs.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- Has a good understanding of how children learn and develop.
- Has experience of working in a primary school.
- Is passionate about working with children who have SEN
- Has experience of working with children with more complex special needs
- Holds knowledge of Autism and communication difficulties (desirable)
- Is able to support teaching and learning in class and who is able to deliver targeted intervention work with small groups.
- Is calm, patient and passionate about inclusive education for our most vulnerable children.
- Is able to support the class teacher in meeting the needs of all children.
- Is able to plan programmes of work for focus groups of pupils.
- Is able to provide intimate care for individual children.
- Is motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable.
- Can show initiative and is able to work as part of a team.
- Has excellent communication skills.
In return we can offer:
- Children who are eager to learn.
- A forward-looking school with high expectations of all.
- A welcoming, supportive and committed staff team.
- A positive and encouraging environment in which to work and learn.
- Opportunities to develop professionally.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Westgate Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Completed application forms to be sent and marked for the attention of Mr Matthew Watson,
Westgate Primary School,
Bowling Green Street,
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 4.00pm.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 24th January 2019 and shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend for interview on Thursday 31st January 2019.Supporting documents
Equality Details Form