Headteacher - Whittle Academy
This is an exciting post within Inspire Education Multi Academy Trust of Clifford Bridge Academy, Hearsall Community Academy and Walsgrave CE Academy which has arisen due to previous Headteacher pursuing a career change. This is a great Headship opportunity within a multi-academy trust that gives each school ‘earned autonomy’ whilst providing support and collaboration to help it succeed.
In May 2018, Whittle Academy was judged by Ofsted as ‘Good’ in all areas. We feel that this role would particularly suit a strong leader, who is seeking to work within a school that wants to build upon its achievements to date and continue in its pursuit of excellence in all areas.
Reporting to the Executive Principal, you will receive the support and guidance you need to not only develop the school, but also your own career within the supportive environment of the Trust.
Whittle Academy is a happy place, where children and adults work and flourish together in a rewarding atmosphere, underpinned by enthusiasm and encouragement. We work hard to achieve success and enable every child to achieve his or her potential. Our pupils develop pride in themselves, their skills and abilities, and respect each other and their differences.
This is a great opportunity for someone to demonstrate that they can make a real difference to a school for the benefit of the children, staff and the wider community.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who:
• is an enthusiastic and energetic Headteacher or Deputy;
• Headteacher/Deputy with a proven track record of success within the primary setting;
• is passionate about all children’s progress and attainment regardless of background or circumstance;
• believes that a creative curriculum is the best way to achieve this;
• can motivate staff through high expectations and effective people skills;
• sees the School as a vital part of the local community;
• has the ambition to continue to grow the School, working with its varied partners;
• has the track record and commitment to achieve all of this.
In return for all that you bring, we will offer you:
• a highly motivated, friendly and talented staff who work effectively as a team, and have high expectations of pupils’ achievement, behaviour and safety, and of themselves;
• well behaved and motivated pupils who are keen to learn;
• an engaged and active school community;
• an experienced and supportive Governing Body;
• the opportunity to take an active part in an effective local cluster and opportunities for your professional development;
• and the opportunity to work in close collaboration across all schools;
Visits to the school are recommended. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit, and meet the Executive Principal and members of the SLT.
Group 2 Headteacher – to be negotiated for the right person
Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 31st January 2019
Interview Dates: 8th February 2019, and 13th February 2019
Start Date: April 2019
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Why Come to Coventry.pdf