Northleigh Church of England Primary School
Headteacher Selection Process
Northleigh C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint a Headteacher.
School: Northleigh Church of England Primary School, Malvern, Worcestershire
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: L14 – L20. £55,064 - £63,806 per annum
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
Our new headteacher will provide effective leadership and management of the school by identifying clear and positive ways of improving outcomes through strong strategic vision and high quality teaching.
We are seeking someone who:
• Has a demonstrable passion for teaching and learning.
• Is a strategic leader with a clear vision for future progress of the school and who has the drive, stamina and ambition to lead the school forward and raise attainment.
• Will inspire, motivate, challenge and support the pupils and staff as well as develop positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
• Sets high standards and is passionately committed to helping all young people to achieve success and set their own high aspirations
• Has a commitment to Christian values, and who will live these on a daily basis, as well as a sympathetic understanding of other faiths.
• Has a clear vision of educational excellence, how to achieve it and the ability to make it happen.
• Has excellent management, interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills.
We can offer you a school with:
• Children who are happy and confident and have real pride in their school and their own achievements and who work in a warm and friendly environment.
• Highly professional, caring and conscientious staff who are enthusiastic and dedicated to a shared vision to develop the school in all areas.
• An active and supportive governing body which is committed to working with the Headteacher to continue the strategic development of the school.
Northleigh Primary is a Church of England school located on the northern outskirts of Malvern in Worcestershire. We have a PAN of 45 per year group with approximately 300 pupils currently on role, organised in 11 mixed-ability classes.
We are a friendly, caring school with a positive, inclusive ethos. By learning together our children can live together in a spirit of harmony, tolerance and respect.
We were placed into Serious Weakness in our most recent Ofsted inspection (November 2017) and have worked closely alongside the relevant bodies to address the recommendations made in the report. The progress we have made was noted at the interim inspection in October 2018. The SIAMs inspection in July 2018 rated the school as good. We currently have an interim headteacher in post and are now seeking to make a permanent appointment in order to continue our programme of improvement whilst maintaining the vision and ethos which is so important to the school.
Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment
Northleigh C of E Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The headteacher will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and is expected to demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as well as holding all staff, volunteers and governors accountable for their contribution to safeguarding regulations. Specifically:
• To ensure any policies and procedures including the Prevent Agenda and children’s on-line safety, adopted by the Governing Body are fully implemented and followed by all staff.
• Sufficient resources and time are allocated to enable a designated person and other staff to discharge their responsibilities, including taking part in strategy discussions and other inter-agency meetings and contributing to the assessment of children.
• Ensure compliance with statutory “Keeping Children Safe in Education” requirements.
• All staff and volunteers feel able to raise concerns about poor or unsafe practice in regard to children and such concerns are addressed sensitively and effectively in a timely manner in accordance with agreed whistle blowing practices.
• Co-operate and work with relevant agencies to protect children.
An Information pack and application form is included with this advertisement, or alternatively please visit our website:
for full details of the position and an application form.
School visit, application and interview dates
We actively encourage visits to our school to see just how special our children are and to meet our team. Please arrange directly with the School Administrator by telephone or email, contact details are given below.
School visits: W/c 4th February
Closing date: 4.00pm Monday 25th February 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th February 2019
Interviews: 11 and 12th March 2019
Completed application forms should be emailed to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively hard copies may be posted to The Governors Clerk at the Northleigh school address given below.
Northleigh Church of England Primary School
St Peters Road
Tel No: 01684 574889