Salary: £48,687 - £55,064 per annum
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher we are seeking to appoint a leader who is able to build on previous achievements and effectively lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development.
WE ARE SEEKING A FORWARD THINKING CANDIDATE WHO:
- encourages a caring environment where mutual respect, tolerance and high aspirations are fostered in staff and children alike, nurturing each one to achieve his or her highest potential;
- is an inspiring, dedicated and flexible leader with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, un-daunted by the challenges and pressures of teaching and headship these days;
- has an evident passion for raising standards - continuing to improve teaching and learning practices, maintaining a broad, balanced ‘connected’ curriculum and establishing a love of learning;
- is keen and able to develop positive and effective relationships with all stakeholders including parents, governors and the wider community;
- has excellent management, organisational and analytical skills including utilising resources efficiently and effectively to maximise performance and ensure the financial stability of the school.
- understands the importance of Christian values (a spirit of respect for each other with hope, aspiration, knowledge and wisdom) and will embed these in all aspects of school life while at the same time appreciating that these values can be shared by people of different faiths and those with none;
- is willing and able to take on a teaching commitment (approx 0.4) as well as their leadership role.
WE CAN OFFER YOU A SCHOOL WITH:
- children who are happy and confident and demonstrate independence and kindness towards everyone they encounter at school;
- children and teachers who have pride in their school and their own achievements;
- a team who are highly motivated and committed to improving standards and outcomes for our pupils and are dedicated to a shared vision to be the school of choice in the community;
- an active and supportive Governing Body which is committed to working with the Headteacher to continue the strategic development of the school;
- a dedicated and active Friends Association (FOPS) which provides invaluable support at events and extra funds;
- excellent facilities and the quality and quantity of activities found in much larger schools
We actively encourage you to visit our school as part of the application process. This will allow you to see for yourself the highly engaging teaching practices and positive behaviour for learning displayed by our pupils. It will also offer an opportunity to meet the team. Please arrange a visit directly with the School Secretary by calling the school on 01531 650298.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Thursday 28th Feb 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 1st March 2019
If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by telephone.
Interviews: 21/22 March 2019– please ensure you are available on this date.
It is essential that applicants use the Standard Teaching Application Form. We cannot accept CVs.
Pendock CE Primary, School Lane, Pendock, GLOS, GL19 3PW