Archaeological Projects Manager
Archaeology Warwickshire is a dynamic provider of a wide range of commercial heritage services. With over 30 years in the archaeology business, our reputation for proficient, client-focussed, project delivery continues to exact a high demand for our services.
(R20) About The Role: We are looking to welcome an additional Projects Manager or Senior Projects Manager to our highly experienced and friendly team. This is a senior role in a flexible and vibrant unit and the successful candidate can expect a high degree of autonomy whilst playing a significant part in shaping future strategy and policy.
• To manage small-scale archaeological projects from inception to completion on behalf of WCC;
• To prepare competitive tenders based on a solid understanding of project parameters and archaeological potential to achieve agreed levels of profit for WCC;
• To ensure the effective programming and co-ordination of tenders and field projects, the procurement of resources, and the deployment of those resources to projects;
• To ensure appropriate quality standards are maintained on tenders and field projects and to ensure delivery of contractual and professional obligations;
• To ensure the effective management of field/contract administrative budgets to agreed levels;
• To monitor the administrative and financial performance of field projects to ensure project and organisational objectives and targets are met;
• To ensure and facilitate good customer and supplier relationships in order to ensure delivery of current projects and develop future opportunities;
• To provide expert guidance on archaeological process to field teams;
• To monitor and feedback project status to senior management;
• To undertake all duties with particular regard to the effective management of Health and Safety;
• To take responsibility for self-development and to improve performance;
• To liaise with other Senior Managers as required, ensuring effective operations and development.
• To represent and promote Archaeology Warwickshire professionally, within academia and to the public;
• To contribute to the advancement of knowledge and theory and promote the widest possible access to field projects and data to meet our service objectives
37.0 Hours per Week
A degree or post-graduate qualification in archaeology or related discipline
Significant experience of a broad range of British archaeology
Significant experience of a wide range of archaeological excavation and survey techniques, post excavation technologies and dissemination formats
Experience of managing heritage projects from design to delivery, within a competitive environment
Experience of publishing archaeological reports
Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists or commitment to join (MCIfA).
A current UK driving licence and unequivocal willingness and competency to drive for business needs
To be physically fit and able enough to adequately carry out the duties reasonably required of a field archaeologist
For further information please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role please contact the hiring manager: Stuart Palmer email email@example.com
Please return your completed application form to the manager on the above details.
Closing Date: March 22nd 2019
Interview Date: April 12th 2019
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to access the application form please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org, including your contact details.
Rewards & Benefits of working for Warwickshire
Time to recharge is so important; we provide a generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. You get all Bank and public holidays off, plus all staff are given an extra day of holiday over Christmas.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also have access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a host of enhanced family friendly policies and some of the very best Learning and Development training courses to support your ongoing development.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents