Part Time Supervising Social Worker- Fostering
Supervising Social Worker - Fostering
Based Sandwell & Coventry, West Midlands
£26,575 - £35,955 pro-rata depending on experience
18.75 Hours per week
Join a friendly team and a growing fostering service in the West Midlands where your skills will flourish, and you will be able to contribute to achieving positive results for young people.
St Christopher’s is looking for a qualified Supervising Social Worker to join our fostering team in Sandwell. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of our Fostering Services by playing a key role in the recruitment, training and assessment of foster carers and by building positive relationships with referring authorities and other professionals. You will share our passion for creating positive futures for children and will be committed to working to the highest standards. This role is an exciting opportunity to grow your career with us.
St Christopher’s Approach
At St Christopher’s Fellowship, Social Pedagogy is our core philosophy of care, drawing together theories and concepts from related disciplines such as sociology, psychology, education, philosophy, medical sciences and social work. Our use of social pedagogy centres on attachment theory and building positive relationships with young people to bring out their inner “diamond”.
We make sure our actions reflect our values. Working in this way allows us to build trust and empower people to do their best, whatever their role.
At St Christopher’s having the right people and investing in their development is crucial. Our Training Team, alongside the Home Managers, ensure that each member of staff has a detailed development plan that matches the work they do and equips them to be knowledgeable, creative, calm, supportive and confident in whatever situation comes their way.
Applicants should have:
- CQSW, DipSW, BA Social Work or equivalent professional qualification, and registration with the Health and Care Professions Care Council (HCPC)
- Experience of working in a fostering or adoption service preferably including a commercial perspective.
- Knowledge of relevant Child Care and Fostering Legislation
- Excellent communication skills with children, their families and other professional agencies
In return we offer:
- Salary £26,575 - £35,955 pro-rata depending on experience
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health, Social Pedagogy, access to level 3 qualifications.
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
- Discount shopping scheme, to save money at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funding Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
For the full Job Description for this role and more detail about what will be required, please visit our website. Your application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria given in the Person Specification.
Closing Date: 24th March
Please bear in mind that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.