About the Trust: At Sandwell Children’s Trust, we put the child at the heart of everything we do.
Praised by Ofsted for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
Fixed term contract until 31st March 2020
Hours – 37 per week
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) is a therapeutic and community-based model providing targeted support to young people aged 11-17 and their families at risk of an out of home placement.
Our aim is to deliver comprehensive (24/7) Multisystemic Therapy (MST) interventions which address the behaviour of individual young people within a family and community-based setting, under supervision and instruction of the MST Clinical Supervisor.
MST is a well-researched community-based treatment model, which targets multiple causes of serious anti-social behaviour in young people. It is envisaged that the therapeutic approach will require close contact with families over a period of 3-5 months, with complex and high-profile cases, where there is a young person aged 11-17 years living at home; who is at risk of care and custody.
It would be desirable that the successful applicant is available to attend scheduled MST 5-day training week in May/June 2019 (dates to be confirmed).
The role will include: -
- Providing multi systemic therapy as part of a team of 4 therapists and will be supervised by an MST Supervisor and receive weekly consultation from an MST expert.
- To deliver multi systemic therapy with young people and their families and networks under the guidance of the MST Team Supervisor, developing appropriate specialised programmes of care within MST model adhering to principles and quality assurance measures.
- You will hold a caseload of 4-6 families, deliver short-term interventions (3-5 months), and provide 24-hour coverage to families one week per month.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Related degree and professional qualification in social work, youth offending, mental health, psychology, counselling or nursing; OR
- Extensive experience in a related professional field, plus post qualifying experience in working with serious antisocial behaviour in youth and family work.
- Post graduate training in counselling or therapy.
- To have completed at least 12 months training/qualification in one or more interventions to include family based, cognitive behavioural therapy, behavioural.
For an informal discussion please contact Lloyd McDonald, Multisystemic Therapy Clinical Supervisor on 07773818786.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents