Site Services Officer
- Security of the Academy and Grounds
- Minor maintenance of premises, internal fixtures, fittings and furniture
- Ensuring standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness are maintained and monitored throughout the premises and grounds
- As a key holder to be responsible for emergency call outs in the event of fire and intruder alarms, property damage , burglary attempts, floods, etc.
Reporting to :
NJC Band C 13 - 23
Full time, alternate shifts
6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm
Grace Academy Coventry
- Opening and closing of the Academy at times determined by the management, including ensuring that the first and intruder alarms are fully operational.
- Monitoring the standards of contractors who provide services to the premises (e.g. cleaning, grounds maintenance and building maintenance contractors)
- Ensuring the efficient and optimum operation of the heating and cooling system, including carrying out simple maintenance and arranging for the system to be overhauled and repaired by appropriate engineers when required.
- Active participation in maintenance reporting procedures.
- Cleaning duties, including spot and emergency cleaning which may be necessary to maintain hygiene standards throughout the day and litter picking as required.
- Ensuring sufficient stocks of essential janitorial materials are maintained.
- Convey waste produce to the appropriate central refuse area as required.
- Movement of furniture and equipment around the premises.
- Removal of debris and leaves from downspouts and waste pipes and ensuring that manholes and drains are clean and operational.
- Monitoring the use of electricity, gas and water and ensuring that any equipment connected to these services are left in a safe condition at the end of each day.
- Ensuring the safe storage of any flammable/toxic substances on site.
- Sweep the car park, playgrounds and accesses areas to ensure that they are kept free from any hazardous debris.
- Operate appropriate communications equipment in a responsible manner.
- Actively engage with the Academy’s first aid programme.
Qualifications and Key Skills
- Trade background desirable.
- Wide general maintenance experience.
- Experience of dealing with young people.
- Well-developed sense of responsibility.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Well organised and practical.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post-holder will be expected to undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Site Manager, Principal or Academy Leadership Team
Please apply using the application form listed and submit this to email@example.com