Customer Services Assistant: Rugby Library
Customer Service Assistant - Rugby Library
To be responsible for day to day activities at service points as appropriate. To participate in direct service delivery and customer support. This may include shelving, answering enquiries, supporting customers to access services, the promotion of on-line resources, books, reading and events. To provide digital assistance to customers enabling them to access services and information on-line. To deliver outreach and promotional work, including children's activities, story times and author events as required.
- Good numeracy and literacy which includes the ability to work with decimal numbers and the ability to sort alphabetically.
- 4 GCSE passes (grade C or equivalent) to include English and Maths.
- Courteous and effective communication skills in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Experience of working with members of the public in a customer service environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience of using ICT and Windows based computer packages
For further information please see the Job Description & Person Specification.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For information about the role please contact: Library Team Leader- North: Denise Widdows Tel: 01788 533263 (Rugby Library), 01926 476730 (Nuneaton Library), Mobile: 07798 756 471 - E-Mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 31st March 2019
Interview date: 16th April 2019