Form Teacher LKS2
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A FORM TEACHER AT KING HENRY VIII PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Summary of the role:
Job Title: Form Teacher
Job Purpose: To be responsible for teaching and learning across the curriculum and for the pastoral care of children.
Reporting Line: The post-holder is accountable to the Year Team Leader.
Hours: The post-holder will be required to work as necessary to complete the role (subject to the Working Time Regulations 1998).
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered, within the Coventry School Foundation salary range.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to the overall curriculum provision for pupils in the designated Year group or teaching groups.
- To teach to an excellent standard either through a regular timetabled commitment or to cover lessons as required.
- To plan, mark, assess and feedback in order to secure pupil’s academic progress.
- To be aware and supportive of the School’s ethos, its foundation based on Christian principles and to act in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To establish effective channels of communication with parents ensuring that they are fully aware of the strengths, areas for development and understand how support can be provided at home.
- To participate positively in the performance management, support and professional development processes for teaching staff as an appraisee.
- To act with consideration for the pastoral care and welfare of all pupils and colleagues
- To maintain a current and inspiring teaching space, through the regular creation of celebratory and informative displays, ensuring that classroom rules and routines are known and shared by all pupils.
- To contribute to the wider life of the school through the completion of duties, parents’ evenings, open mornings, attendance at evening and weekend events, sporting fixtures, performances and the delivery of an extra-curricular activity.
- To demonstrate a positive approach to continuous professional development
- You may also be required to undertake such other comparable duties as the Headteacher requires from time to time.
- NB – although this post will initially be in linked to one particular Year team, the Headteacher reserves the right to move the successful candidate to a different Year group should that be necessary in the future.