Teaching Assistant - Alderman's Green Community Primary School
Alderman’s Green Community Primary School is on an exciting journey of school improvement and we are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has a desire to make a significant impact on the lives of children, and to play a part in shaping the future direction of this wonderful school.
As part of our dedicated and hardworking team you will have the opportunity to develop the whole child. To develop, enhance and broaden the learning opportunities of all children with a variety of needs, all in a modern, state of the art building.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
• Has high expectations of work and behaviour and sets high standards for themselves and all children.
• Is dedicated to and passionate about developing children and the ways in which they learn.
• Is creative in planning exciting lessons.
• Is committed to working in partnership with colleagues, SLT, Governors and in other schools.
• Shares our school core values.
• Creates a vibrant and welcoming classroom environment.
• Models exemplary classroom practice and has the ability to support and develop the practice of others and has a desire to professionally develop oneself.
• Enjoys teaching and the challenges that teaching can bring.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an NVQ Level 3 childcare related qualification (or equivalent).
• Have a good understanding of how children learn and develop.
• Have experience of working in a primary school and with children with special needs.
• Be motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable.
• Be committed to creating a stimulating and inclusive learning
In return we can offer:
• Responsive pupils who enjoy coming to school, are well behaved and who have good attitudes towards their learning.
• Dedicated, hardworking and highly professional team of teaching, support and office staff.
• A wide range for quality support and professional development.
• A wide range of resources, including an outdoor area.
• Parents who value the school.
• Strong community links.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please make an appointment by contacting the school on 024 7668 8918.
37 hours per week, term time only
Closing date: Monday 25 March 2019
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 26 March 2019
Interview date: 3 April 2019
Application packs are available to download below. Please return all completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Equal Opportunities Form.doc