Specialist Sports Teacher
6 days left
Job Title: Specialist Sports Teacher
Job Purpose: To be responsible for teaching and learning in Sports and Physical Education and for the pastoral care of children.
Reporting Line: The post-holder is accountable to the subject leader for Sports and Physical Education
- To be aware and supportive of the School’s ethos, its foundation based on Christian principles and to act in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To make a positive contribution to the overall curriculum provision for pupils in Sports and Physical Education through planning and sharing of resources and tasks as determined by the Subject Leader.
- To be able to teach to a high standard either through a regular timetabled commitment or to cover lessons as required.
- To plan, assess and feedback in order to secure pupil’s progress.
- To share pupil assessment and pastoral information with other staff members honestly and sensitively, with the appropriate level of discretion as necessary.
- To establish effective channels of communication with parents ensuring that they are fully aware of the strengths, areas for development and understand how support can be provided at home where appropriate.
- To participate positively in the performance management, support and professional development processes for teaching staff as an appraisee.
- To act with consideration for the pastoral care and welfare of all pupils and colleagues
- To contribute as required to the creation of a positive, purposeful whole school environment through displays and the tidy maintenance of shared resources and spaces.
- To hold a leadership role within the department (aspect leader). This is the expectation for all teachers paid on the B scale. (Teachers on the N scale wishing to experience leadership activity may do so upon request and will be supported by a senior leader if necessary.)
- To contribute to the wider life of the school through the completion of duties, parents’ evenings, open mornings, attendance at evening and weekend events, sporting fixtures, performances and the delivery of extra-curricular activities.
- To demonstrate a positive approach to continuous professional development
- You may also be required to undertake such other comparable duties as the Headteacher requires from time to time.