Finance Assistant (Fixed Term) - Our Lady & St Hubert's Catholic Primary School
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a Finance Assistant for our Outstanding expanding school, working 8 am - 4 pm daily (3.30 pm Friday)
Our Finance Assistant has a key role to play and opportunities for professional progression in our new office team at our new-build school on Moat Road, Oldbury, particularly as we continue to expand as a 2 form entry school.
We are seeking a positive, forward thinking, innovative person with previous financial experience who will be supportive of and uphold the Catholic ethos which underpins all aspects of school life. They will work closely with our office manager and administrative assistant to provide outstanding, professional personal service to parents and users of our site.
The successful candidate will be a calm but enthusiastic colleague with a warm personality, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. They will be able to multi task and deal calmly with the varied life of a busy school.
They will have responsibility for:
• Collecting, processing, reconciling and banking money or electronic payments including for out of school clubs, care facilities, teaching school activities and other events.
• Data entry including ensuring our Information Management System and Financial Management System is accurate
• Dealing with enquiries relating to finance and general day to day school enquiries
• Supporting with hospitality, particularly for Teaching School events
• Processing and submitting orders
• Chasing outstanding payments
• Liaising closely with the administrative assistant and office manager to provide continuity of service and that all tasks are covered
• Communication with parents and other stakeholders by letter, text and social media
• General administration tasks as required such as post, copying, laminating, filing etc..
Our new Finance Assistant will have experience of:
• Financial procedures
• Using a range of ICT software including Word and Excel
• Using an information management system
• Using a financial management system
• Working under pressure to tight deadlines
• Data entry
• Dealing with enquiries from adults and children
• Working as part of a team
Our new Finance Assistant will have:
• The personal skills to maintain a sense of humour under pressure and to be the public face of the school, modelling the Catholic ethos, providing outstanding customer relationships and maintaining positive relationships with staff, pupils, parents and visitors
• High standards of written and spoken English with good communication skills
• GCSE Maths and English Grade C+ or able to demonstrate a similar level of competency
• The passion for making a difference and demonstrate high levels of motivation
• Evidence of being an exemplary role model within the work place
• Knowledge of SIMS/FMS or similar financial and information packages
• A growth mindset and can-do approach
• Ideas and a hands –on approach to working as a team under the direction of the Office Manager so as to establish a professional working environment and effective office team on our new site
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A brand new office facility
• A unique opportunity to make a difference at this exciting time in our school’s life
• A hard-working staff team with the commitment and vision for continual improvement
• The support and expertise of our Office Manager and Administrative Assistant
• A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
• A happy working atmosphere with great job satisfaction as well as friendly motivated staff and polite, well-behaved, enthusiastic students who enjoy learning
• Many opportunities for Continued Professional Development
• A highly supportive leadership team and Academy Committee
• A chance to develop this role and bring new opportunities for the school
• Free childcare for pupils while working in school
In line with Section 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, the ability to converse at ease with children and staff and provide advice/reports in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
If you feel you have the relevant desire, experience and energy and share our vision, please see our website www.st-huberts.sandwell.sch.uk for an application pack or contact our office manager: email@example.com or on 0121 422 2629
Completed applications should be accompanied by a handwritten letter (may be scanned) no longer than one side of A4 and must be on a Catholic Education Service form. They should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Teresa McMullan c/o Our Lady & St. Hubert’s Catholic Primary, Moat Road, Oldbury, B68 8ED
Closing Date: Friday 12th April 10am
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 12th April 3pm
Interviews will be held on Monday 29th April and will include practical tasks and a formal interview.
Our Lady & St. Hubert’s is committed to safer recruitment practice. Therefore, references will be taken up before interview and further pre-employment checks undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and the successful will also be required to complete a Disqualification by Association declaration.
37 hours per week, Term Time + Training Days
Band C SCP 14-19 £17,681 - £19,446 pro rata (£9.16 - £10.08 per hour)
Moat Road, Oldbury B68 8ED
Friday 12th April 2019 at 10amSupporting documents