Employment Support Coordinator (Solihull MBC Redeployees and Employees only)
37.0 Hours per Week
We have an excellent opportunity for an Employment Support Coordinator to join our team in Adult Care & Support on a 12 month secondment.
As Employment Support Coordinator you will be responsible for supporting people in receipt of social care services into employment including:
- Working directly with people with care and support needs, including people with learning disabilities.
- Promoting independence, new skills, and routine and supporting them to be ‘work ready’
- Working closely with employers, and partners including our employment support service, provided by Ideal for All.
You will have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Health or Social Care or Level 3 qualification in another subject combined with relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with service Users, families, carers and other professionals.
- Ability to work collaboratively in partnership with other agencies and professionals as a member of a team.
- Understanding of supported employment services, approaches and opportunities for people with learning disabilities.
In return, this varied and rewarding role is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our service users across the borough and take positive steps to help them into employment.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post please contact Paula Koustas on email@example.com or phone 0121 709 7036.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification