Apprentice Teaching Assistant- ref TV76818
Lower Farm Primary,
Bakewell Close, Walsall WS3 3QH
Apprentice Teaching Assistant- Ref TV76818
We are currently seeking an entry level apprentice to train as an early years teaching assistant in our school. The successful candidate will be placed with our youngest children, in our 2 year olds provision. This post will be Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 8.45am-3.35pm each day (30 hours each week). The apprenticeship period will be 18 months.
Closing date: Friday 29th March 3:30pm
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of the school
- Be willing to learn
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst as part of a team
- Give attention to detail
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- Hold yourself to high personal standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
- Have an excellent health and attendance record.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the equal opportunities policy
- Have sound ICT skills
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills.
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour (from April 1st 2019) This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21-24. The rate for age 25+ is £8.21. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Lower Farm Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Training provider: Juniper training will provide a NVQ Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- This will involve on-site support and guidance with your designated assessor trainer as off site training.
- The employer will provide on the job professional training relating to your role and course.
Apprenticeship framework: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Contact: Mrs Jen Felton, Senior Administrator, Lower Farm Primary School, Bakewell Close, Walsall, WS3 3QH
Telephone: 01922 710479 for an application form and details or
email the school via email@example.com