Teaching Assistant with HLTA responsibilities - Barrow 1618 CofE Primary Free School
Opportunity for a teaching assistant with HLTA responsibilitiesBarrow 1618 Church of England Primary Free School
This is a part time post (16 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 12:30-16:30, term time only plus PD Days, negotiable, depending on work commitments). This is a one year fixed term contract in the first instance. Hourly rate: £11-£12.
Barrow 1618 CofE Primary Free School is a thriving community in action. As a small rural primary school it is particularly focused on the benefits of outdoor learning, and encourages freedom of spirit and independence of mind. The school is full, with 91 pupils on roll and consists of four classes. In June 2016 the school was judges by OFSTED to be ‘Outstanding’ in all areas, which was followed by an ‘Outstanding’ Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) inspection in October 2016. We are committed to providing our pupils with invigorating and inspiring educational, social and moral experiences that they’ll remember for a lifetime.
We need someone who can demonstrate:
- the ability to support and deliver stimulating learning experiences
- a vision for achieving excellence and an absolute belief in the potential of all children
- the ability to use initiative and to be flexible in order to meet the needs of children
- supportive team spirit
- The ability to support and champion physical education across the school
- a true interest in creativity and innovation in enhancing the experience of children
- a love of the countryside and our natural environment and an appreciation of how it can enhance the overall learning experience of the children
- an inspirational attitude towards delivering a vibrant curriculum maximising the potential of the location of the school and its extensive grounds
We can offer you:
engaged and supportive Governors and parents as well as a highly motivated team of staff
the opportunity to make a difference to the delivery of primary education and to the lives of young people
the chance to be innovative and to share in the exciting development of a new, rapidly developing free school
happy and well behaved children in comparatively small class sizes
a beautiful, peaceful and extensive rural working environment
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school will be welcomed at 11:00 am on Tuesday 7th May 2019. If you have any questions about the post in advance of applying, do contact the Head Teacher, Joe Leppington, via the school administrator at email@example.com. Alternatively, please explore the school’s website for more information about our school:
Closing date for applications: Thursday 16th May 2019. Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Thursday 23rd May 2019.
Applications only accepted on prescribed forms.
Information for candidates
Job Description & Person Specification