Locality Manager - Ref: RT45218
Locality Manager – Communities & Partnerships – Ref: RT45218
Salary: G11 44 - 49 (£39,565 - £44,255 per annum)
A vacancy has arisen within the Communities & Partnerships team for a Locality Manager. Based in the Civic Centre, the post-holder will be responsible, in co-operation with partner agencies within the borough, for understanding and achieving outcomes through locality working in one of the four Locality areas in Walsall.
Key responsibilities of the post are as follows:
Convene and attend meetings in the Locality and support the production of a strategic-level Locality Plan.
- Plan and monitor performance to achieve local outcomes and expectations, as well as the aims of the Walsall Plan.
- Influence partners to participate in tasking and to hold them to account for delivery of tasks.
- Support councillors in their role of leading community meetings or, alternatively in enabling communities to lead these meetings.
- Support and provide advice on consultation activities within the area.
- Champion the Locality and any district or town centre within the Locality.
The successful candidate will:
Possess experience of working directly with multi-agency or business partnerships to meet shared aims and objectives.
- Possess the ability to involve and engage with community and voluntary groups and organisations in local partnerships.
- Demonstrate previous involvement in neighbourhood management or town and district centre initiatives.
- Be required to work some evenings and weekends in order to include a wide range of community representation in engagement.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent.
Please contact Helen Kindon on 01922 654327 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information relating to this vacancy.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2 April 2019
Interviews: Thursday 18 April 2019
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers.Supporting documents
Job description and employee specification
Information for applicants