School Administration Assistant - Woodlands Primary and Nursery School
School Administration Assistant
37.00 hours per week, term time + 1 week for PD Days
8.15am – 4.30pm
NJC Scale 3 (Point 5-6) currently £16,022 - £16,943
Woodlands Primary & Nursery School are seeking to appoint a School Administration Assistant who is energetic, resilient, and enthusiastic and a motivated person with experience of working in a school setting. They will promote the values of the school in a friendly and approachable manner and deal with stakeholders in a courteous, calm and professional way in a frontline office dealing with sometimes challenging behaviour.
Alongside general administrative duties, the post holder will;
- Administer and monitor finances through the school ParentPay facility where we pay for school dinners, trips, breakfast club, after school provision and after school clubs as we are transitioning to becoming a cashless school.
- Support the control, collection and disbursement of all official monies within the school, ensuring that they are accounted for in accordance with financial regulations.
- Procurement and ordering of school goods and resources, receiving deliveries and dealing with any queries with suppliers, deliveries and returns.
- Finance administration and processing.
- Monitor the use of resources by the school to ensure that financial regulations are adhered to.
- Support the maintenance of the school MIS system, currently CMIS to accurately record daily attendance, liaising with parents, teachers, managers and the school Education Welfare Officer and to follow instructions accordingly.
- School admissions administration support.
- Working in a busy school office environment working to tight deadlines and be able to use your initiative.
- Using school management information systems e.g. CMIS (MIS), Agresso, ParentPay and Inventry.
- Working frontline and dealing with sometimes challenging behaviour.
- The applicant will need to possess:
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy front-line office with and be part of a team
- Business Administration Level 3 or equivalent qualifications or experience in relevant discipline.
- Excellent ICT skills, good verbal communication and organisational skills.
The appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS (CRB) clearance for the successful applicant. We are committed to equality and diversity.
Closing date for the above post: 3pm, Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Interviews & and In-try Exercise will take place: Monday 8th April 2019
For further details and an application form please contact the school on 01952 386070, complete an application on-line or contact our School Business Manager at email@example.com.