Community & Civil Enforcement Supervisor
East Staffordshire Borough Council is committed to creating a safe environment for those within the Borough and is looking to recruit a part time Community and Civil Enforcement Supervisor.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a team who focus on tackling Environmental Crime within the Borough of East Staffordshire.
Enforcement Services consist of three teams - Enforcement, Community & Civil Enforcement and Licensing.
Community & Civil Enforcement are present in the community focusing on the quality of the local environment, particularly in relation to parking, dog control, litter, waste enforcement and anti-social behaviour.
In the role of Community & Civil Enforcement Supervisor, the successful candidate will provide supervisory support and guidance to a team of front-line officers and participate in the gathering of intelligence through initial enquiries, which will support ongoing investigations.
The successful candidate will also support the Team Leader through creating suitable patrol routes and shift patterns, collating information for reports and developing educational packages for Council initiatives.
Carrying out regular one to one meetings with Officers is part of the role as well as assisting the Team Leader in completing the annual appraisal process.
This is both a patrol and office based role that encompasses working autonomously as well as leading and working with the team, so decision making and prioritisation of work are essential.
As a highly motivated individual you will bring a fresh and innovative approach to the team. Your positive attitude will contribute towards a high standard of customer service, which the team prides itself on.
The successful candidate should:
- have previous experience of working in a local authority enforcement environment (or similar), working with residents, community groups and the public;
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to accurately record information for reports and witness statements as Officers are required to present evidence in court;
- be confident in IT systems as there is a degree of technical work involved with maintaining the various devices used by the team;
- have the ability to remain calm when dealing with potentially difficult situations, and be polite and helpful in approach;
- enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather and hold a full driving licence.
You should possess:
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English;
- good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and delegate to others;
- good negotiation and conflict management skills.
Previous experience of parking enforcement is desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided.
Hours of work are 18.5 hours per week and alternate weekends on a fortnightly pattern across a seasonal rota. The postholder will also be required to provide full-time holiday/sickness absence cover, as necessary.
East Staffordshire Borough Council has a commitment to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a standard Disclosure and Barring Service Check.