Social Worker - Children's Services
Shropshire – A lovely place to work and live…
We are very proud of the services that we provide to children in Shropshire, which Ofsted gave a ‘Good’ rating in October 2017. We are committed to ensuring that social workers have the tools to deliver effective services to children and their families and that work in an environment that encourages practice to flourish, creating good outcomes for children and their families.
Our Social Workers tell us that we have:
- Easy access to management support in the office.
- Good quality supervision which takes place on a regular basis
- A warm and nurturing environment to work in.
- Mutual respect at all levels.
- A small authority where there are direct relationships between senior managers and “shop floor” staff.
- A beautiful locality to work in.
- An excellent training programme.
- Great opportunities for progression.
- A relationship based practice model with both our clients and staff.
We also provide:
- A generous retention package of up to £10,000 for frontline social worker posts.
- Protected Lieu/TOIL time.
- Free car parking.
- Group supervision and action learning sets.
- A robust ASYE programme.
- Opportunities to train in new and innovative risk and resilience assessment approaches.
- Stable and supportive teams with a permanent Team Manager.
- A clear progression framework from ASYE to Director of Children’s Services.
- Flexible and agile working.
You will be a HCPC registered social worker with experience in completing assessments, creating plans and carrying out interventions, which create good outcomes for families. You will have a solid knowledge of legislation and regulation guidance relevant to your role and experience of working in frontline children’s services.
There is vacancies available in the LAC, Assessment and Case Management Teams.