Senior Accounting Technician
37.0 Hours per Week
The Resources, SCH & Commercial Finance team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounting Technician to join our fast paced and friendly team.
The team supports a broad range of service areas within the Council and SCH, providing financial advice and assistance to both internal and external customers on a daily basis.
Our Financial Operations Division are proud of our proven track record of delivering an excellent service. Our approach to maintaining a three Year Medium Term Financial Strategy has been held up as good practice nationally and for a number of years we have achieved External Audit reports with no recommendations for improvement. We believe in investing in training and providing support for our staff to develop their careers.
You will have:
- GCSEs Maths and English Language A-C or 4-9 (or equivalent level 2 qualification)
- Full membership MAAT (or equivalent)
- Good communication / organisational skills
- Experience of working in a professional finance environment and using financial systems
- Computer literate with experience of using Excel (or equivalent) at an advanced level
In return we can offer a varied role in a friendly team, which can span over numerous different SMBC and SCH sites across the borough in line with the Council’s Agile working policy.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Nafisah Khan, Accountant, on 0121 704 6747
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Dates: 20th / 21st May 2019
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Supporting documents