Service Support Assistant
About the Trust: t Sandwell Children’s Trust, we put the child at the heart of everything we do.
Praised by Ofsted for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
Fixed Term Contract until 30th September 2019
Hours: 37 per week
We are currently recruiting for a Service Support Assistant to join our busy Children with Disabilities Team, to provide comprehensive admin support to social work practitioners and managers.
Admin tasks will include:
- Ensuring accuracy and consistency of IT information'
- First point of contact to service users and social workers;
- Prioritise incoming post and messages, alerting officers and social work practitioners to matters which require attention;
- Work as part of a team;
- Maintaining files and record systems including scanning and uploading of documents;
- Ensuring that tasks allocated are completed accurately and within allocated timescales.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a business admin role;
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office;
- Ability to plan and organise diaries;
- Ability to work from our different sites across the Sandwell Borough;
- Excellent communication skills and a good attention to detail.
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Owen, Business Support Supervisor, on 0121 569 8511
A standard DBS check will be required for this role.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible