£17,000 – £21,000 FTE, 39 weeks of the year
Start date: 1st September 2019 (permanent position after a 6 month probationary period)
37.5 hours per week (8.30am – 4.45pm: 45 mins for lunch)
Rugby Free Primary School opened in September 2015 with two Reception classes in a newly refurbished state-of-the-art building in Central Park. Each year our school increases by one year group, thus providing additional opportunities for staff, movement within year groups etc. We currently have 240 pupils from Reception through to Year 3 and next year we will increase by another 60 pupils in Year 4. We will have 420 pupils when we have Reception to Year 6.
We welcome children of all abilities and from all backgrounds. We are non-selective, non-denominational and are free for all to attend. We provide a high quality local school with an exciting curriculum and extended enrichment opportunities for our children.
We are looking to extend our team of professionals who bring interest, ideas and enthusiasm to match that of the Trust, Governors and the current Staff. We are seeking a committed Learning Mentor to join our dedicated school team.
Inspirational adults come in all shapes and sizes and from every kind of background. There is no template and no recipe. Applicants for this post must:
- Have a minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grades A-C
- Have a qualification in Learning Mentor or have significant experience in this role (or have the desire to learn – would be reflected in the salary offered)
- Be highly articulate in speech and writing
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be highly emotionally intelligent
- Be committed to developing the horizons of students through providing extra-curricular activities and supporting after school clubs
- Understand how to contribute effectively to a team
- Understand the needs of young people
- Believe that all children can achieve Age Related Expectations regardless of their ability or background
- Believe that barriers to learning are just challenges that can be overcome
- Exercise initiative and independent action
- Form good relationships with parents and carers
- Have experience and a working knowledge of safeguarding legislation
- Be comfortable with being a Safeguarding Lead and having those difficult conversations
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information please contact the office either through the e-mail below or on 01788 222088.
We would very much encourage either a tour of the school with a Senior Leader or a conversation about the role prior to applying, as it has many different aspects to it.
We encourage candidates to state their individual interests in their application noting why they feel our school would be the right choice for them in their career.
The successful candidates will be supported by a senior leadership team who have the highest ambitions for the school, its children and its staff. We will support the successful candidate in their professional development and progression will be fully supported and nurtured.
To apply, please download the job description, person specification and application forms here.
Completed application and monitoring/referencing form should be sent to email@example.com by 9.00am on 13th May 2019.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 22nd May 2019.
Rugby Free Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.