Social Emotional Mental Health & Learning (SEMH & L) Team Leader
Coventry is proud of its SEND support offer to schools and the positive impact it has on the outcomes for children and young people requiring SEND support. Due to the retirement of current team leader, we are looking for someone who can pick up the reins and continue our journey, drive forward standards of excellence and improve the skills, capacity and confidence of schools; thereby ensuring a positive impact on the lives of children and their families.
Working within a fully integrated service alongside educational psychology, SEND early years, sensory impairment and complex communication (ASC) colleagues you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a high quality traded service specialising in SEMH and Learning to schools across the City
- Provide overall management of the KEYs and Gateway assessment and intervention services, delivering to primary age children at risk of permanent exclusion and their families.
- Performance management and quality assurance of the SEMH & Learning Team
- Ensuring all staff receive high quality CPD and can demonstrate current knowledge and expertise in their specialisms
- Secure the Councils’ high standards in safeguarding in all areas of our work
- Leading SENCO networks to ensure continuity of support, communication and relationships across the whole service
- Are an experienced SEND practitioner with management/leadership experience
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of SEMH and Learning
- Have a working knowledge of the current issues and challenges within the education sector, specifically schools
- Are passionate about outcomes for vulnerable learners
- Have integrity, compassion but can robustly challenge and support when required
- Can provide robust performance management and quality assurance measures and reports
- Can command respect, work effectively with a range of internal and external partners
Then this could be the role for you
Interview Date: 21/05/2019
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, 'MyCar' scheme, flexible working, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
When recruiting, we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework . To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Need help with your application?
If you would like support in completing your application, then help is available at the Job Shop.
Coventry City Council’s Job Shop is a free service for all Coventry residents. Come in and see one of our dedicated advisers and receive 1 to 1 support.
We are open Monday-Friday 9.15-4.30pm (Thursday 10.30)
Address: 1 Bull Yard, Coventry, CV1 1LH
Phone: 024 7678 5740
Website: http://www.coventry.gov.uk/jobshopSupporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification 2.pdf