Teachers in Science
Job title: Teacher
Responsible to: Curriculum Team Leader
Scale: Mainscale/Upper Pay Range
Teaching and Learning:
- To meet the required and appropriate level of performance as described in the ‘Professional Standards for Teachers’.
- Follow the DAT’s ‘Every Lesson Expectation’ to ensure lessons interest and motivate learners ensuring that they all make at least good progress.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of resources to ensure that Schemes of Work and lesson plans are fit for purpose.
- Ensure your own practice is of a high standard and continue to develop your professional skills and knowledge.
- Promote and inspire learning through planning which takes into account the needs and progress of all learners.
- Involve Teaching Assistants (TAs) in planning to provide high quality individual support with targeted intervention.
- Promote equality of performance and achievement of all learners and learner groups.
- Maintain an understanding of developments within teaching practice and methodology and initiatives at a local, national and global level.
- Continually assess learners’ progress.
- Provide learners with high quality feedback in order to drive attainment.
- Use available data to plan, review and monitor progress of all learners in order to promote rigorous improvement of attainment and achievement.
- To be aware of general developments in your subject area and to maintain a detailed knowledge of GCSE courses.
- Develop an understanding of the requirements at A level.
Creating an Aspirant Culture:
- Inspire and support learners to develop leadership skills and qualities.
- Establish a positive ethos in the school by promoting and demonstrating high standards.
- Actively encourage and develop the well-being and success of learners through tutoring. Act as the ‘first port of call’ for tutees and their parents.
- Take responsibility for own Professional Development.
- Promote, reinforce and model the school’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
- Adopt coaching and mentoring approaches where relevant.
Other specific duties:
- To take on the role of form tutor.
- To carry out other professional duties in line with the teaching standards.
- To actively promote the school’s corporate policies.
- To actively engage in the DAT’s quality assurance processes.
- To participate in all school open evenings and other appropriate calendared events.
- To promote the department within the wider community.
Standard for all jobs
- To perform services not only for Dudley Academies Trust but also for any subsidiary as required.
- To take a proactive role in the identification of personal and group training and developmental needs which support Trust’s objectives and to actively participate in the fulfilment of identified training and development needs.
- To contribute to promotional activities both inside and outside the Trust and to assist in the production of promotional and publicity materials as required.
- To operate at all times within both the spirit and the practice of the Trust Equal Opportunities policies.
- To be aware of and work with due regard to safety and safe practice. To meet statutory requirements and to report any hazards/unsafe practices or incidents as appropriate.
- To represent the Trust in the best light at all times.
- To maintain such records and undertake administrative duties as may be determined by the Trust.
- To carry out any other duties in connection with the appointment which may be reasonably determined from time to time by the Chief Executive, Principal or line manager.
This job description is intended to provide a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of the specified post and to set in context the framework within which the post holder will operate. It should not be regarded as a legal document nor a set of conditions of service.
The job description sets out the main duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post. Such variations are common occurrences and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
This job description will be reviewed regularly and may be varied in the light of the business needs of the Trust.