Parking and Enforcement Team Manager
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, investment by cutting edge technology companies, a great wealth of history, a fantastic environment making it somewhere to be proud of.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Worcester has a history spanning more than 2,000 years. Its rich heritage includes the 12th Century Cathedral and the Guildhall admired by monarchs from King George III to Queen Elizabeth II. Worcester offers a high quality of life with its rich and varied heritage, award winning parks, excellent schools and diverse range of shops and restaurants.
The city enjoys a strong sporting reputation based on top flight cricket and rugby clubs, a centrally located racecourse and major annual running and cycling events. Worcester has a strong cultural and musical life and is the birthplace of Elgar, one of England’s most celebrated composers.
At Worcester City Council, we are committed to seeking excellence in everything we do as we strive for the coveted Investors in Accreditation standard.
Benefits to you:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days with 5 years of local government service)
- Generous pension scheme
- Support for training and professional development
- Subsidised leisure facilities and employee discounts in local stores
- Free confidential employee assistance programme, available 24 hours a day
The Parking and Enforcement Manager is responsible for the management of the Council’s 14 car parks along with the City’s parking and environmental enforcement function. We are seeking an experienced manager to capitalise on the recent investment that Worcester is currently making through the installation of 42 new payment machines, new enforcement system and shelters, to provide a high quality, customer-focused service.
The post holder will come from a managerial position either within Parking and enforcement Services or another discipline. The post holder will be expected to have excellent commercial awareness, and will be expected to have or to gain an in-depth knowledge of statutory provisions and codes of practice and policies for parking management and parking and environmental enforcement .
Successful applicants should have a excellent management knowledge and experience and will have knowledge of or be capable of acquiring knowledge of the technical aspects of the whole service, and operational practices.. A comprehensive knowledge of health and safety legislation and practices, and how they relate to parking and enforcement provision forms a key part of the role, the post holder should either hold or be willing to undertake an IOSH Health and Safety Qualification.
Good staff management, organisational, project management and planning skills are required by the post holder to achieve corporate and service goals.
Skills and Experience
Ideally the successful candidate will posses:
- Experience of strategic planning and the management of parking and/or enforcement or similar services; ideally including service planning and project delivery
- Experience and knowledge of budget preparation; financial and budgetary management and control; including knowledge and experience of tender processes; fees and charges; capital project management and financial regulations
- Effective team leadership and development skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to liaise with employees, partners, customers and elected councillors, recognising the commercial nature of your service area
- Proven ability to use IT and Microsoft office packages to produce reports and analyse detailed information
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Track record in developing and delivering improvements for customers and in service performance
- Experience of parking operations and infrastructure within all the functions required and of taking responsibility for their safety, ensuring agreed audits are carried out
- Experience of offering professional advice in a service area such as parking and enforcement
- Desirable experience includes working with CCTV and body cam technology as required for the enforcement function
The post holder may be required to work at evenings or weekends subject to service demands and needs.
For more information, please contact Alice Davey on Alice.Davey@worcester.gov.uk.
Closing date: 4th June 2019Supporting documents
Person Specification Parking Team Manager April 2019.pdf
Role Profile Team Manager Parking & Enformcement Services.pdf