Service Support Assistant - Secondment
About the Trust:
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, we put the child at the heart of everything we do.
Praised by Ofsted for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
Secondment until September 2019
Working with the Quality Assurance Team at METSEC in Oldbury
If you have any queries please contact Michelle Hicken on 4745
Hours - 37 per week
We are currently recruiting for a Service Support Assistant to join the busy Quality Assurance Team, to provide comprehensive admin support to practitioners and managers and also Convening Child Protection and Looked After Children Reviews
Admin tasks will include:
- Ensuring accuracy and consistency of IT information;'
- Taking and producing of accurate minutes;
- Prioritise incoming post and messages, alerting officers practitioners to matters which require attention;
- Work as part of a team;
- Maintaining files and record systems including scanning and uploading of documents;
- Ensuring that tasks allocated are completed accurately and within allocated timescales.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a business admin role;
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Some experience of finance & procurement would be an advantage;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including the use of formulas and generating tables for reports;
- Knowledge of Publisher would be an advantage but not essential;
- Ability to plan and organise diaries;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to collate information together and put it into a coherent format;
- Excellent communication skills and a good attention to detail.
For an informal discussion please contact Jean Butler, Lead Business Manager, on 021 569 8476 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
A standard DBS check will be required for this role.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible