Teacher for Children with Special Educational Needs (PMLD/SLD/PD)
Contract Type: Fixed term from September 2019 to March 2020 – Maternity Cover
BRAYS SCHOOL, Brays Road, Birmingham, B26 1NS
Telephone Number: 0121 743 5730
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2019
Brays School, a Forward Education Trust School, specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with a range of diagnosis. The School is split across two sites, one of which caters for those with a diagnosis on the
Autistic Spectrum; the other site takes children with a range of physical, learning and sensory difficulties.
Due to maternity cover, a fixed term opportunity has arisen at our Sheldon site for an exceptional, highly motivated and skilful qualified class teacher. We would particularly welcome applicants with practical expertise in the following areas, profound and multiple difficulties, sensory impairment and behavioural issues. The School has high standards of teaching and learning, and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We can offer you:
• A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
• A friendly and inclusive working environment
• An extensive rewards package offering discounts at hundreds of high street and on-line retailers and a wealth of wellbeing resources
You will offer us:
• A Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs.
• Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
• Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills
Forward Education Trust is a Multi Academy Trust comprising of Brays School, The Bridge School and Hallmoor School in Birmingham. Brays School also has a wider national remit and works with professionals across England and beyond through its varying roles as a National Teaching School.
Brays School is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff. We offer a supportive, motivating and engaging working environment. Brays School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.
Closing Date: 22/05/2019, 3pm
Please note that only standard Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV).
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted as unfortunately we are unable to write to unsuccessful applicants
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.