Assistant Headteacher - Ferndale Primary School
Assistant Headteacher - From September 2019
Leadership spine 9-13
The Governors wish to appoint an energetic and committed Assistant Headteacher for our large school, to enhance our leadership team.
The main responsibility will be in raising standards in teaching and learning, ensuring progress for all across the curriculum. English is a core focus for the strategic plan this year.
The successful applicant will have outstanding teaching skills, high expectations and will be a key component in the future of our inclusive school.
They will be a leader with a proven track record in raising standards, who is ready for a new challenge.
We are fully focused on raising standards whilst ensuring the effective development of the whole child. If you wish to be part of our team, we welcome your application.
We are looking for someone who is
- Focused on driving school improvement in innovative and creative ways
- Committed to our values, our children, parents and community
- A clear thinking, aspirational and organised practitioner who demonstrates emotional intelligence
- Be energetic and innovative, with an optimistic outlook
- Understand the demands of the curriculum and be committed to establishing a strong work ethic, a positive classroom experience and promoting high standards
We can offer you:
- A rapidly improving school that is focussed on developing outcomes for children through high quality and bespoke CPD
- Wonderful children who are eager to learn and succeed
- A school site brimming with possibilities for learning, including extensive grounds, an imagination studio (an immersive room with 270 degree projection), an FA sponsored mini football pitch and a running track
- Supportive, hardworking and motivated colleagues who look after each other Strong, dedicated and approachable leadership
- Support and advice to manage settling into a new school, role and way of working
Visits to school are encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a mutually convenient time. For application packs please contact Pauline Grant on 0121 357 3326 or email Pauline.email@example.com or Sandwell website — usual Sandwell forms.
Please be advised that Ferndale Primary School is a no-smoking site.
We are fully committed to safeguarding procedures.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 20th May 2019
Observations, presentations and interviews: 22nd/23rd/24th May 2019 (to be confirmed)
Leadership L9 to L13 £48,687 to £53,724
Ferndale Avenue, Great Barr B43 5QF
Monday 20th May 2019