Project Officer - Employer Engagement
37.0 Hours per Week
This is a fixed term post until 12 June 2020. Potential to extend into 2021.
We are looking for a pro-active and enthusiastic individual to join Solihull Council’s Employment and Skills Team to help deliver the Employed for Success project across the Borough. The project will support jobseekers aged 30+ to move into employment, education or training.
As Project Officer – Employer Engagement you will:
- Proactively engage with local businesses to promote the Employed for Success project, to understand how you could support their recruitment initiatives.
- Work with job seekers with mental health issues, learning difficulties and physical disabilities.
- Source local work experience , volunteering and work trails for clients engaged on the project, and be able to create new opportunities which are matched to clients’ skills, experience and career goals, helping them overcome the barriers they are facing.
You will have:
- Experience of delivering employment, education and training programmes in conjunction with employers
- An understanding of European Social Fund aims and objectives for inclusive labour markets in the area.
- The ability to react promptly to new developments and large scale recruitment campaigns, and effectively promote vacancies to a range of partners.
- Ability to use our Client Management System and keep this up to date with your new contacts and vacancies
- Experience of being target driven and delivering consistently high levels of performance
In return we offer the support of a great team environment, generous annual leave entitlements, flexible working and training and development opportunities.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Tom Dixon on 0121 704 8732.
Interview Date – 4th June 2019
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification