Teaching & Learning Assistant (Holden Lane Primary School)
This post will be pro rata to 32.5 hours term time only. Temporary post until 31/08/2020 with a veiw to being permanent.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational, creative, enthusiastic, highly skilled, well-motivated and experienced Key Stage 2 Teaching and Learning Assistant to join our hardworking and committed team.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
1.Provide learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher.
2. Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher.
3. Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements.
4. Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher.
5. Select and adapt appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities.
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being.
7. Establish and maintain relationships with families, carers and other adults, e.g. speech therapists.
8. Provide short term cover supervision of classes.
9. Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources.
10. Invigilate exams and tests.
11. Escort and supervise pupils on educational and out of school activities.
12. Guide and support pupils in their personal, emotional and social development.
13. Prepare and present displays.
14. Supervise individuals and groups of pupils throughout the day, including supervision in the classroom, playground and dining areas.
15. To assist the SENCO and be involved in planning, organising and implementing individual development plans for pupils.
16. Work with pupils not working to the normal timetable.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Application packs are available from the school office, please telephone 01782 234890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24/05/2019
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide