Social Care Team Manager
Develop your career in social work at City of Wolverhampton Council.
This is an exciting time to joins us in a new Court Team. As an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated service, we are committed to providing the best care and support to our children and families and our employees.
The court team holds all of the pre-proceedings and proceedings work within the service, through to transfer into the Children and Young People in Care Team if necessary. There is a focus on early permanency, quality assessments and achieving the right outcomes for children.
We are a forward-thinking and transformational council working hard to improve outcomes for families, taking pride in our work we also offer our employees excellent training and fantastic avenues for progression, all with a highly competitive salary.
The post holder will:
• Work closely with the Service Manager to improve overall performance, drive quality interventions and contribute to strategic planning.
• Ensure the provision of a high quality and effective social work service to meet the needs of children and their families, safeguarding children in a timely manner within statutory guidelines.
• Represent the service within multi-agency forums and to contribute to the development of policy and practice in Children’s Services across the city.
• Ensure the social work service is fully integrated within the wider Children's Services in order to promote positive outcomes for children and their families.
• Provide effective leadership within the service, taking responsibility, being accountable and motivating staff within the team.
• Act as a champion within the service for restorative practice.
If you are ambitious, driven, organised and passionate about court work with children and families we want to hear from you.
These posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further information on these posts please contact:
Cherry Iacono (Service Manager, Child Protection) via email at email@example.com
Children’s panel interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed.
Formal panel interviews will be held on Tuesday 4 June 2019.
For information on working in Social Care for City of Wolverhampton Council please go to: http://www.cityofwolverhamptoncouncil.co.uk/socialcarejobs/
Job Description and Personal Specification