Housing Research and Strategy Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Housing Research and Strategy Officer to assist in the development of the Council’s Strategic Housing, Health and Wellbeing objectives, in improving housing conditions and choice, amount, type and affordability of housing in the Borough, and in promoting health and wellbeing.
Key duties will include:
- To research and implement new projects aimed at providing housing solutions for those in housing need, playing a key role in the development and delivery of projects and initiatives which support the council’s housing objectives and compliment wider strategies for meeting housing need, preventing homelessness, and promoting health and wellbeing.
- To research data, innovation, best practice and trends relevant to the Housing and Communities Service of the Council.
-To assist in the identification and maximization of resources in order to facilitate the delivery of affordable housing, enable a variety of housing options in the borough, and promote the health and wellbeing agenda.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Recent and relevant experience of working in a housing environment.
- Ability to prioritise work to respond to changing and challenging demands.
- Ability to gather, analyse, evaluate, and present data including recommendations when/if requested
Interviews to be held on 12 June 2019
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday allowance and childcare vouchers.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description - Housing Research and Strategy Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council Values