Recruitment Business Partner
There’s no better time to work in Coventry. The city ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, is the UK City of Culture 2021, European City of Sport 2019, and a host city for the Commonwealth Games in 2022.
It is also an exciting time to join Coventry City Council as we develop our Recruitment Service to attract and select amazing colleagues to come and join our teams in representing those who live and work in Coventry.
This is an opportunity for a strong Recruitment Professional to broaden their experience across multiple disciplines within a professional environment where every day will bring new recruitment challenges.
You will be based at our new office which is a one minute walk from Coventry Rail Station, which has direct links to and from Birmingham, Nuneaton, Leamington, Rugby & London Euston stations.
You will be responsible for championing the strategic approach of the recruitment function within the business. Establishing and developing relationships with Directors and Hiring Managers to understand business needs to implement effective resource plans. The post holder will be responsible for managing Recruitment Advisors and ensuring the most effective recruitment & attraction methods are being utilised throughout the function.
The remit of the position also covers managing the Council’s Agency Master Vendor & 3rd party suppliers to ensure maximum benefit is being realised. Workshop creation and delivery as well as reporting upline to Directorates and Elected Members on performance and capabilities will be a vital element of the role to ensure the business is following a best practice model.
• Build effective relations with senior managers advising on best practice and innovation in recruitment.
• Working with each Directorate to build robust resource plans to allow for first class attraction campaigns.
• Champion the importance of Diversity & inclusion and the benefits it delivers to the business.
•Lead the way with up-to-date direct sourcing techniques assisting with search and selection for senior vacancies and supporting hiring managers through the interview and selection process.
• Manage Recruitment Advisors, setting priorities, monitoring performance and identifying development needs.
• Ensure recruitment workshops and training content is up to date to ensure hiring managers are competent and trained on the councils’ recruitment approach.
• Leading reporting to senior management on the performance of the recruitment function along with strategic suggestions to assist a programme of continuous improvement.
Key Skills & Experience
• Strong Stakeholder management skills, particularly through periods of change.
• Working as part of a high-volume In-House recruitment team.
• Demonstratable experience working with senior internal / external stakeholders.
• Strong project management experience with confidence in managing business improvement initiative with autonomy.
• A thorough understanding of the candidate market & understanding of external factors which impact the recruitment process.
• Using MI to improve efficiency of a recruitment function including process improvement and cost reduction.
• Results motivated and able to manage a challenging workload.
• Using social media marketing tools (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube etc) to support recruitment.
37 hours per week. Monday-Friday, flexible working available. Due to business needs this post is not open to a job share.
How to apply?
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification and then please upload your CV with supporting statement online. Throughout the supporting statement could you please give an insight & examples into; your experience in managing a recruitment process from end-to-end, occasions you have faced difficulty in a recruitment process and how you overcame these and how you have engaged with senior stakeholders and advised on recruitment processes and what the results were. You will need to tell us how you meet each requirement, be sure to include any relevant skills, experience, knowledge and other attributes that you could bring to the role. Please restrict your response to 2 sides of A4. If you have any questions prior to applying or for an informal discussion, please contact the Resourcing Team 02476 975500 option 1.
Interview Date: 28/06/2019
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, 'MyCar' scheme, flexible working, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
When recruiting, we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework . To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here
Need help with your application?
If you would like support in completing your application, then help is available at the Job Shop.
Coventry City Council’s Job Shop is a free service for all Coventry residents. Come in and see one of our dedicated advisers and receive 1 to 1 support.
We are open Monday-Friday 9.15-4.30pm (Thursday 10.30)
Address: 1 Bull Yard, Coventry, CV1 1LH
Phone: 024 7678 5740
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf