Procurement Business Partner
This is an exciting time to be joining the Procurement team at Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council, as we continue to develop in our role as a strategic partner to the Council in achieving its Vision 2030 ambitions.
We offer a range of staff benefits, flexible working, excellent training opportunities and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme. We’re committed to enabling colleagues to maximise their potential and enjoy satisfying careers.
The Procurement Business Partner Role
- Providing a comprehensive, procurementand commercial service
- Dealing with complex contracts
- Working as apartner to internal teams, supporting them with the delivery of projects through the procurement of contracts
- Working through theprocurement lifecycle, providing advice, identifying and delivering opportunities to transform procurement
- Gathering information and creating commercial contracts.
- Developing relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and internal teams to ensure value for money
- Managing a category team
- A ‘people person’ able to forge strong working relationships at all levels
- Ambitious and confident with the ability to think outside the box
- Experienced in procurementand supplier relationship management
- A proven track record in successful delivery of complex projects
- Strong commercial focus
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for Applicants